8 Jun 2012

Tough Decision!

Good morning

The weather is truly awful here today ... typical because I have the day off and we were hoping to go to the coast for a walk along the beach and a nice pub lunch on the way home. Not sure what we are going to do now but seeing as Jamie is watching TV, Chloe is on her iPod and they are still in their PJ's don't think we are going anywhere just yet!

The reason for my post today is to let you know that I have decided to step down from the Crafter's Companion DT.  This wasn't an easy decision because I have enjoyed my time with CC but over the last few months with work and family life I have been struggling with DT commitments so knew it was the right one but it didn't make it any easier .  I had recently stepped down from Pink Gem Designs to free up some time but feel I need to break away completely from design team work and for cardmaking to be just a hobby again.  

I am going to miss everyone at CC but will continue to keep in touch through blogging, FB etc.

I'm not saying I never want to be on a design team again but for now I am looking forward to crafting without the pressure/deadlines that come with being on a design team.  I am hoping I will have more time to enter challenges and start to use my poor neglected stash :-)

That's all from me ... Now going to make myself a cuppa and turn the heating up because i'm feeling chilly!

Hope you all have a great weekend ... fingers crossed the weather improves!





10 comments:

Karen said...

Hun I love the cards you make and I'll still follow your blog avidly... smiles..
Love n hugs.
Karen.xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I know exactly how you feel Lisa, as you know. Shame abou the weather. Have a lovely day whatever you do, crafting maybe and just out for a meal. Enjoy rediscovering your stash. xx

julie_woolston said...

I am sorry to hear this Lisa you make the most gorgeous cards, but understand why you have to step down.
I will still be visiting you to see what creations you have been doing, sometimes life just gets in the way.

Hugs Julie x

lynne said...

Hi Lisa,
Sorry to hear your stepping down from CC but glad to hear your still going to be creating and blogging. I think if there is too many deadlines it becomes a chore instead of it being a enjoyable hobby.
Have fun playing with all your neglected stash!
Hugs
Lynne x x

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I'm so sorry to read this but I understand perfectly! Enjoy some stress free card making - that's what it's meant to be like.
xxx

DesignerDiva said...

I'm assuming you didn't go to the coast today is horrible here!
I know just how you feel about crafting for fun again! I never have time to make anything just beacause I want to now!
Hugs Laurie xx

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

I'm sorry to hear your news, but like Marianne, I understand your reasons. We will miss seeing your cards as part of the DT but like many others I will still be following your blog and enjoying your creations.

Good Luck for the future Lisa. Enjoy all you do.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

Jules said...

Hi Lisa

Many thanks for your lovely welcome back to blogland.

I am now catching up with everyone's creativity.

This must have been one tough decision but I can sympathise with you. I have stepped down from all my DT work now as I just couldn't fit everything in. So for you to fit everything in alongside work too must have been very difficult.

DT work can take up a lot of time!

Enjoy making things because you "want to" and not because you "have to".

Loved the anniversary card you made for Marianne.

Have a good week.

Love Jules xx

Nicola said...

You will be sorely missed on CC Lisa but won´t it be fantastic to make what you want when you want. DT work is not a bed of roses and I truly understand.
-x-

Sarah said...

Hi Lisa,

I wanted to pop by & say that I totally understand where you are coming from. Even though I've not been on a DT like CC, I did lose my enjoyment of crafting. I've not made a card in 4 months so it still isn't back but I hope to have a try again soon. You forget why you got into crafting & what you loved about it.

I know I've not been around in blog land for ages, but I hope to get back to it really soon & seeing your lovely cards again.

Love Sarah xx :0)